Recently watched...



 

Keeping Rosy (2014)
A British drama set in London about a successful woman who in one single day finds her whole life fall apart. I'm a big fan of Maxine Peake and she was brilliant as usual here. The film was well made, and had a great tense atmosphere but unfortunately the story just got more and more unbelievable as it went on. Still worth a watch though. 3/5

The Nice Guys (2016)
Set in the 70s following a private detective and a muscle for hire as they investigate a missing girl and get into all sorts of mishaps. This was a really funny film, Ryan Gosling has a real talent for comedy and there was a great chemistry between him and Crowe. This is well worth seeing and I look forward to the inevitable sequel! 4/5

The Boss (2016)
I had a bad feeling about this film- I am yet to see a single good review for it, but I like Melissa McCarthy so decided to give it a go anyway. Basically it was rubbish. I can't remember a single funny moment other that the odd chuckle here and there. Just no. 1/5

The Conjuring 2 (2016)
A sequel to the brilliant horror film inspired by real life paranormal investigators and married couple Ed and Lorraine Warren this one is set in 1977 London and focuses on the Enfield haunting. I really enjoyed this film- there was lots of tension, and some genuine scares (although one of the demons did have an uncanny resemblance to Marilyn Manson..) and Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson make a great team. I personally enjoyed this one more than the first and I liked the real tape recordings and photographs at the end as well. 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.