Mental Health Awareness Week 2017...




This week is Mental Health Awareness Week and the theme this year is Surviving or Thriving. You can find some really useful and interesting information here as well as looking up the #mentalhealthawarenessweek and #MHAW17 hashtags on Twitter. 

I wanted to link some of my mental health posts from this blog if you feel like a read...

1. Study tips when you have a mental illness. Here are some tips I've picked up whilst being a student with mental health problems.
2. Telling your employer you have a mental illness. Here I discuss whether you should disclose your mental illness to your place of work as well as giving two personal accounts of what happened when I did.
3. The trouble with social anxiety and loneliness. In this post I talk about how having social anxiety has made it difficult to make friends.
4. Being honest about mental health. In this post I talk about my own experiences with mental health and where I am now.
5. Time to talk day 2017. Here I talk about misconceptions of bipolar disorder and the importance of awareness, and impacts of stigma.
6. What to do when you are having a panic attack. Tips I've picked up that may be helpful for dealing with panic attacks.
7. 16 Ways to practice self care. Self care is hugely important, especially if you struggle with your mental health... here are some ideas.
8. 8 Bipolar symptoms you might not know about. Here are some things you might not know about bipolar disorder.
9. Having a mental illness and staying positive. Exactly what it says on the tin!
10. Bipolar awareness day. Talking stats and facts about BD.
11. Panic: Dealing with anxiety. If you have anxiety finding things that help manage it are important- here are some things that work for me.

I hope you find these posts useful and if you blog about mental health please leave me your links!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.