Patisserie Valerie...

 This post is mainly an excuse to post pictures of delicious food! Last Saturday whist in Birmingham city centre for Free Comic Book Day (post here) we decided to buy a bunch of stuff from Patisserie Valerie in the Selfridges food hall to bring back for everyone to try as it all looked so good!
 The lady that served us packed everything really fancy in boxes tied with ribbons. This was also my first experience of macarons, and I also got two to try from L'Amandier as they had fancier flavours.
 Patiserie Valerie do slices which are what I would describe as gateaux, we got the double chocolate which was light chocolate sponge with a thick chocolate mousse and a choux bun. We also got the Black Forest slice which is again chocolate sponge and black cherries with cream and lastly the strawberry slice which was white sponge with fresh cream and strawberries- this one was perfectly light and my favourite :)
We also got an apricot and strawberry tarte which I didn't try because by this point I couldn't even look at more cake!

Finally the L'Amandier macarons. I got a salted caramel and a maple and pecan. Both were delicious but the salted caramel was my favourite. Overall if you got to Selfridges I'd definitely recommend both if you want a treat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.