New books...

Even though my TBR shelf is out of control I can never resist buying more books! Here are my latest purchases...

The Secret History by Donna Tart
I've heard so many good things about this book. Set in a New England college is is about a group of eccentric students who under the influence of their charismatic professor discover a way of thinking and living that is a world away from the humdrum existence of their contemporaries, and which changes their lives forever. Very intriguing...

Yes Please by Amy Poehler
I am a big fan of Amy Poehler and especially her character Leslie Knope in the show Parks and Recreation so can't wait to read her memoir full of stories, advice, and thoughts on all sorts of amusing subjects. I haven't heard a bad word about this book so I'm really looking forward to this one, and I think it will be a good uplifting read for the dull new year.

The Pocket Wife by Susan Crawford
I partly got this because I liked the cover and also because the main character has Bipolar disorder. This is a psychological thriller about a woman who after a manic episode questions whether she murdered her neighbour or not. I'm mainly interested to see how this depicts Bipolar, I'm hoping it will be well researched and a good thriller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.