September reading round up...

Better late than never...

The Humans by Matt Haig
I really enjoyed this book! It is about an alien from a far off planet that has taken the form of a man who has just solved a mathematical theory that could change the world, and he has to stop it getting out. This is his account of his experience and what it means to be human. It was very very funny, and also a really poignant read. 4/5

Room by Emma Donoghue
I'd heard so much about this book, and what with it being made into a film thought it was a good time to give it a try. It is about a five year old boy who lives with his Mum locked in a small room. I wasn't hugely keen on this. It was written in his words which at times were really annoyingly babyish for a 5 yr old and at other times way too mature. I also felt the story dragged, as it could only go to the depth of what a child understood the situation to be. 2/5  

The Crooked House by Christobel Kent
It's rare I don't finish a book, but I had to give up on this one. It was painfully slow, and I realised I really couldn't care less what happened!

Rocket Girl Vol 1 by Brandon Montclare & Amy Reeder
A teen girl cop from an alternate reality 2013 is sent back to 1980's New York investigate a megacorporations crimes against time. This was fun, full of amazing art (especially the 80s set parts) and cool characters. I look forward to the next volume! 4/5

Saga Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughn & Fiona Staples
I have been waiting for this for so long! Brilliant as ever, Saga is one of the best comic book series I have read. Full of amazing diverse characters, stunning artwork by Staples, and an edge of the seat story. I highly recommend picking this up! 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.