Recently watched...

Spy
I wanted to watch this purely for Melissa McCarthy who's films I always enjoy. Rather than a straight up comedy like I expected this was a full on spy action film mixed with comedy. It was a fun film, and McCarthy was great but surprisingly Jason Statham stole the show- he was hilarious in this. I'm not usually a fan of his, but he really needs to move to comedy. 

What We Do In The Shadows
This is a film from last year that I've been counting down the dvd release for so I can finally see it! A documentary style comedy about a gang of vampires in New Zealand who house share and are inadvertently given a lesson in modern life after they sire a young hipster and have to teach him their vampire ways. Brilliantly funny, and co-written and directed by one half of Flight of the Conchords.  

Terminator Genisys
The fifth film in the franchise, I'm pleased to say this is better than the last two! There was plenty of action and it was an entertaining watch, but it mainly just made me want to go and watch the first two films which are a million times better. Still there was a fun twist, and although the story didn't completely add up they were sure to leave it so they could come back and make sequel after sequel. I'm waiting for the one where Skynet send a terminator back to kill Sarah Conner's caveman ancestors... 

The Skeleton Twins
I'm a big fan of Kristen Wiig so have been looking forward to watching this one. It's a bittersweet drama about twins who after 10 years reconnect after one of them tries to commit suicide. The acting was great and it was a sweet (and at times very sad) film. If you're expecting a comedy you'll be disappointed but Hader and Wiig really excel here in serious roles.

1 comment:

  1. They were both really good- definitely worth watching :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.