My top five Christmas films...


The Muppet Christmas Carol
As far as I am concerned this is the best Christmas film ever. Officially. How can you not love the combination of Charles Dickens, muppets, and Michael Caine- singing!


Home Alone
This is another classic from my childhood. This film has everything- it's funny, sad, and has a scary old man that turns out to be really nice. Side note: every time I watch it I always get the urge for pizza.


National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
 I love this one as it's a bit more on the cheeky side, has lots of laughs (especially from cousin Eddie) and gives a slightly more realistic portrayal of Christmas (a stress filled nightmare!)


Bad Santa
I'm not really one for overly sentimental cheesy films which is why I love Bad Santa. One of the most swear filled films ever, it takes everything nice about this time of year and, well, ruins it. It also happens to be a brilliant black comedy. 


Die Hard
Following on from above this is another perfect Christmas film if you hate Christmas films! Who can resist a bare footed John McClane save the Nakatomi Plaza from Hans Gruber and his gang on Christmas Eve. Yippee Ki Yay!

Others I like... The Santa Clause, Elf, and You've Got Mail (which I count as a Christmas film!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.