Japanese candy kit: Kuru Kuru Cake Shop



The Kuru Kuru Cake Shop kit from Meiji is one of the smaller (and much easier) of the Japanese candy kits. Kuru Kuru means to roll in Japanese and in this kit you get to roll your own gummy pastries! In this kit the pastry sheets are lemon flavour gummy, and the fillings are a mixture of peach and strawberry flavour gummies that are all sorts of pretty shapes.

I must admit I was a little disappointed the gummies weren't as vividly coloured as they are on the adorable packaging. Other than that I had fun rolling my pastries and trying different flavour combinations, but of course they kept unrolling when I tried to take pictures of them  -_- . The gummies were very nice and squidgy (squidge factor 10/10!) but the flavours were fairly subtle and surprisingly the one with the strongest flavour was peach. 

Overall a cute and fun little kit!


You can buy the Kuru Kuru Cake Shop candy kit here for £1.22 from Oyatsu Cafe!

4 comments:

  1. That does sound fun, and very cheap too! I have two DIY kits now to play with and I'm really excited.

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do a blog post on them, they are a lot of fun! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh I've never bought anything like this, it looks like fun and super cute!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.